La Miam Factory uses a 3D printer that has specially been adapted to food printing (standard: AFSCA). Thanks to this printer, we can design and print various shapes that couldn’t be otherwise produced in chocolate.
La Miam Factory can print using any kind of chocolate (white, milk, dark…) from any brand. Shapes are made of pure chocolate without any additive.
Chocolate 3D printing is very useful to:
– print shapes that can neither be mold nor handcrafted
– print small series of custom shapes
– quickly prototype more complex shapes.
We distinguish two types of printings :
– “2D+” : shape is linearly extruded from a drawing (that’s a bit more complicated than that)
– “3D” : shape is twisted or designed with bumps, curves…